The Willow Glen Library
is located on Minnesota Avenue just west of Lincoln Avenue. It has
a great children's book section.
Willow Glen has a farmer's market on Saturdays, at the southwest corner
of Minnesota and Lincoln, from 8:30 am to 12:30 pm. Buy local organic
vegetables and fruit, cut flowers, and many other gourmet foods and
garden goods. (Closed in the winter)
Welcome to North Willow Glen. Here are some helpful hints about your
- Easy access to Highway 280, which connects to Hwys 101 and 17/880.
You can also get on Hwy 87 (the Guadalupe) which connects to Hwy 85
to the south and San Jose downtown, San Jose airport and Hwy 101 to
- Schools nearby include Gardner Academy elementary school, Willow
Glen and Hoover middle schools, and Willow Glen and Lincoln high schools.
- Right to the north is the impressive new Gardner Community Center,
with game and computer rooms, meeting rooms, a weight room and many
other community resources. (It's right next to Biebrach Park.)
- In our immediate area, within walking distance is Tlaquepaque restaurant
specializing in fine Mexican food (Delmas and Willow), and Willows
Smokehouse Deli, serving sandwiches and takeout barbecue prepared
by the esteemed Ralph's Smokehouse in back (Delmas and Fuller).
- It's a quick walk to Walgreens and Scott Videos at Bird Avenue and
- Just a little ways down Willow to the west is Flower Flour, an excellent
florist/pastry shop with sandwiches and good coffee. On the north
side of the street, Sue's Indian Kitchen has great Indian food (love
that tandoori chicken!).
- Ralph's Smokehouse! We have a world-class meat smoking facility
right in our neighborhood, on Delmas between Fuller and Hull. It's
run by Montana Hutton. Hunters come from miles around to get their
game smoked at Ralph's.
- From our neighborhood it can be a enjoyable bike ride or walk to
downtown Willow Glen. Downtown Willow Glen features coffee shops,
restaurants, specialty shops and a new Long's, barber shops, banks,
insurance, real estate and more.
- The Hicklebee's Children's Book Store on Lincoln is a world-renowned
resource for children's literary entertainment and education.
- Look for the Willow Glen Resident, a local newspaper that features
our Willow Glen area.
Some things to remember:
- Slow down! Kids and pets live here too. We're tough on speeders
and unsafe drivers.
- Don't litter! Take some pride in your neighborhood.
ln closing I would like to invite you to just walk
around our neighborhood. You can walk the tree-lined streets around
Snyder, walk up sunny Delmas and along "Fuller Park" between
Delmas and Bird (slated to be improved into a park). Go down Bird to
Fisk, and sit on the benches in our new Hummingbird Park. Above all,
see the pride of the homes and the residents of your neighborhood.
Thank You, and welcome to our neighborhood!