North Willow Glen Neighborhood Association
Word of Faith Church
November 26, 2002
7 9 pm
Call to Order: 7:12 pm, Alison England, president
- - Marc Bauman and Ken Eklund are launching a neighborhood newsletter.
First newsletter targeted for January, 2003. Newsletter will initially
hard copy format on a quarterly schedule. The newsletter content is
thought to consist of our neighborhood events, city program information,
history of the area, neighborhood accomplishments, and some lighthearted,
- - The neighborhood website is also targeted to be launched by the
end of the
year. The content would initially consist of the newsletter information.
Submissions are requested by December 15th. The site will be listed
newsletter. Possible domain name of northwillowglen.org.
- - A neighborhood project day for December was discussed.
The association has chosen Saturday, December 7, 2002 as the date
complete multiple neighborhood projects. Meet at Dan Ercegs
at 562 Fuller Avenue, 9 am to complete the following:
- Decorate "Mr. Fuller" tree at corner of Bird and Fuller
- Plant iris bulbs in color spot area of Hummingbird Park. Need
to gain access to park. (Tom Smith has bulbs).
- Hang garland on Fuller Avenue fence.
- - Alison announced that fliers for the traditional Willow Glen Christmas
trees on the front yards are available. Trees to be installed on Saturday,December
7th. Sandy Kasik of a local realty company is the sponsor of this
- - Discussion regarding Hummingbird Park
Marc Bauman noted that the
back section of Hummingbird Park is dark.
He requested that we look into uplighting in this portion of the park.
Ball finials will be installed eventually on the fence posts. Discussion
regarding adding a plaque in the park next to the existing plaque to
acknowledge NWGNAs role in the creation of the park. Some shade
trees may be replaced with faster growing shade trees. It was recommended
that these trees be coordinated with the planting of the medians.
Discussion regarding goals for next year (January
meeting). A brainstorming of assembled members yielded the following
- * Looking onto area zoning. Understand if zoning can be
consistent. Look to change residential areas to R1.
Explore "Council Initiated Rezoning" process.
- * Crosswalk in front of Sangria restaurant on Willow Street.
- * Neighborhood tree planting program
- * Investigate house at Snyder and Delmas Avenues.
Why still blighted years later?
- * Reform of flood regulations. Revise and update 1982 maps.
- * Sewer backs up on Spencer Avenue annually.
- * Assess traffic and parking impact on Delmas Avenue.
- * Remove barb wire at Tire Shop.
- * Neighborhood membership Initiative
- * Block party (4th of July on Delmas?)
- * Streetscape improvement in front of tire shop. Plant trees.
* Understand grant cycle.
- * Work on applying "process" to more effectively attack
Alison England donated a beautiful holiday arrangement
to the Word of Faith Church as a thank you to Pastor Nutt for the use
of the church for our monthly meetings.
Meeting Adjourned: 8:45 pm.
Next meeting is Tuesday, January 28, 2003. Happy Holidays.
That's all, folks!