North Willow Glen Neighborhood Association
General Membership Meeting September 27, 2005
Call to Order - Ken Eklund, NWGNA president 7:05 pm
First time – John and Alexi on Fuller; Marci from Coe
Police Report – Officer Cook, Mizorski, Shepard; Sargent Garcia
- No serious crimes in the last several weeks
- Concerns expressed at last night meetings
- General gang activity was down this summer but there were a few violent items this year.
- Extra traffic monitoring around schools during Safe Passage week to encourage additional caution around schools.
Dan Erceg received a Commendation from San Jose at the City Council meeting. He received the award for his almost 20 years of city service. Congratulations Dan!
Free Trees in the ‘Hood
- Sign up for free tree planting. Planting takes place in October 15th. Sign up at 537-0393.
- 24 trees ordered.
- People can sign up conditionally if they are looking to have the concrete cut in front of the houses. The association will work with the city and Our City Forest for funding.
- Volunteers needed to dig holes on Spencer, Atlanta, Delmas, Snyder, Bird, Marshall - October 15th. Meet at 9:00 AM at 983 Delmas, or call 891-1962
Nominations for Board Seats
- Vice President
- Secretary / Treasurer
Dana to check on
- Heidi LeVell
- Annette Boyer
- Tom Smith
- Chris Wagner
- Delmas project was approved and is a better project due to our involvement
- Clean up on Atlanta – Long Standing flight removed
- Fuller Park construction began – scheduled completion in Febrary
- Delmas Street lights project started – scheduled completion in December
(Fuller Park and streetscape accomplished by Greater Gardner NAC)
- NAC looking for nominations. Contact Kevin if you’re interested. Meetings held 4th Monday of the month.
- October 4th light rail Vasona line open.
- Word of Faith Harvest outreach program – Several programs took place and several more are planned. Our participation is welcome/encouraged.
- January/February – Cap grant process
- Saturday, November 12 – NAC conference at City Hall Contact Ed R. for additional information
Meeting Adjourned at 8:30 pm
Web site updated to include a TAKE ACTION link. Check it out at
Connect with neighbors – join the NWGNA e-group at http://groups.yahoo.com/group/nwgna
That's all, folks!