North Willow Glen Neighborhood Association
Word of Faith Church
May 28, 2002
7 9 pm
Alison talked about the Greater Gardiner SNI plan.
The city is still crunching numbers and prioritizing projects for the
SNI plan. Volunteers are still needed for implementation of the individual
Fuller Plaza Fence Repair and Painting will occur on June 9 at 9 AM.
Alison announced that the Parks and Recreation Commission named the
park at Bird and Fisk : Hummingbird Park as the NWGNA requested.
The group talked about the abandoned Union Pacific Line between Coe
and Willow. Debbie Rocha stated that Councilman Yeager is investigating
possible uses for it.
Alison asked us to talk to the group about our hobbies, skills and passions
to help us find areas of common interest. These included:
- Planting Tomatoes, Jungle Simulation, Garden Competition
- Doll Collecting
- Ballet, Tap Dancing, 40's Dancing, Salsa Dancing, Charleston Dancing
- Bicycling, Walking
- Old Movies
- SJ Repertory
- Restoring Old things and Car restoring 1950's 1960's
- Landscaping Public Spaces
- Landscape Photography, Painting and Life drawing
- Writer and Web design
- House Floor Plan Design
- Financial Analysis Problem solving and software background
- Historic Neighborhood/ Residential Architecture Research
- Antique Collecting
- Teaching computer classes
- Sprinkler repair and design, Handyperson
- Legal and technical document reading
SJPD Lieutenant Walt Tibbets
warned that Ice cream vendors can lead to children getting struck by
cars and also may have health hazards on the truck. We also discussed
speeders on Fuller and talked about traffic calming in the neighborhood.
The Yellow Cab site Plan for 22 Units at corner of Bird and Virginia
is now before the Redevelopment agency.
Dan Erceg reported that the City delivered 8 Litter Cans to the neighborhood.
5 are on Delmas.
The Greater Gardner Area Coalition received money for pigeon abatement,
to paint the 3 neighborhood railroad overpasses, for gateway fences
and for plantings. A planning meeting will be announced shortly.
The meeting adjourned around 8:30 pm.
That's all, folks!