Here are some of the neighborhood's accomplishments:
- Participates in the Greater Gardner Strong
Neighborhoods Coalition, bringing SNI benefits to the area.
- Helps the Greater Gardner SNI Coalition
with the design and funding of Fuller Park.
- Launched the monthly Neighborhood Service
Day to encourage volunteer projects that beautify the neighborhood.
- Won a 2003 Elizabeth Anabo "Building
Resourceful Inspirational Creative Community" Award from Community
Foundation Silicon Valley.
- Helped lead the effort to unite area neighborhoods
in opposition to high-rise development at Alma Bowl.
- Represents the neighborhood position in
city land use decisions affecting infill development, zoning and planning.
- Launched a neighborhood-wide celebration
and social event on the Fourth of July.
- Launched a neighborhood-wide garage sale
and social event.
- Created and helped design the public park
at Bird and Fisk Avenues (Hummingbird Park).
- Installed public garbage cans along prominent
foot traffic paths (to cut down on litter).
- Monitors traffic problems, and facilitated the
design and implementation of traffic calming measures on Delmas and
- Increases city attention to open spaces.
- Increases the efficacy of code enforcement, when
- Improves lines of communication between state
and city agencies.
- Changes city policies that are not neighborhood
- Initiated and helped create city code concerning
Individuals within the association have contributed
countless hours to eliminating graffiti, picking up litter, planting
and maintaining park-way trees, creating a mostly-monthly flier, and
creating and maintaining a web site and newsletter. This neighborhood
would simply not be the same without their efforts.